If you’re new to homeownership, you’ll definitely want to avoid these easy-to-prevent mistakes that could cost you big time. We know so well the thrill of owning your own house — but don’t let the excitement cause you to overlook the basics. We’ve gathered up a half dozen classic boo-boos new homeowners often commit — and give you some insight on why each is critically important to avoid.
1. Not Knowing Where the Main Water Shutoff Valve Is
2. Not Calling 811 Before Digging a Hole
3. Not Checking the Slope of Foundation Soil
4. Not Knowing the Depth of Attic Insulation
5. Carelessly Drilling into Walls