It is a great idea to narrow down your search by pinpointing what neighborhoods are best for you.
Things to consider when selecting a neighborhood:
- Schools. You can compare school districts and even check out information on specific schools here.
- Property Values. As your representative, we will gladly check the market data and give you a report on the neighborhood you are interested in to help avoid paying too much for your next home.
- Traffic. Drive through neighborhoods during what could be a potential high traffic time. Example: Friday & Saturday Nights.
- Crime Rate. Check local police department websites. The Texas Department of Public Safety maintains a database that you may search to find out if registered sex offenders are located in certain zip code areas.
- Proximity to: Work, Schools, Hospitals, Shopping, Freeways, Airports, Parks, Stadiums, and Cultural Activities like museums, concerts, & theaters.
NEXT . . . . . Step Four – Choosing a Home